Gender budgeting entails the dissection of government budget to establish its gender differential impacts and to ensure that gender commitments are translated in to budgetary commitments. Gender Budgeting is a powerful tool for achieving gender mainstreaming so as to ensure that benefits of development reach women as much as men. It was adopted in 2005.
The reason behind the gender budgeting are:
- The national budget affect men and women differently through the pattern of resource allocation.
- In India even though women constitute 48% of the population they lack way behind in social indices. Even world economic forum indices global gender gap report suggest the same thing.
- This type of allocation has the potential to transform the existing gender inequalities.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes