- Pragya kendras set to play health kiosks for masses
- Jharkhand would be probably first state of the country where the fleet of common service centres (CSCs) or Pragya Kendra spread all across, especially in smaller towns and villages, would double as telemedicine centres.
- Department of IT and e-Governance has prepared itself to launch the medical service through CSCs under which any family can get consultation with doctors as many as eight times in a month, get prescribed medicines over there along with other services continuing at present. The facility would be free of cost for BPL families.
- The CSCs in the State are already delivering one-stop solution for services such as getting various certificates, updating biometrics, services like PAN, Aadhaar, land records, travel tickets, bill deposits. Banking services and education related facilities are also to be added in due course of time.
- Pragya Kendras set to play health kiosks for masses
- The CM on the occasion also handed over successful certification to 4,50,000 rural youths under PMGDISHA program, launched 30 Rural BPOs in different parts of the State, inaugurated 2,500+ seater BPO which will create more than 7,500 job opportunities for youth here. Verified Facebook pages for 10,000 village level entrepreneurs (VLEs) were also launched during the conclave which will help them with digital marketing opportunities and facilitating them in their business growth.
- PyeongChang Winter Olympics concludes
- The 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics concluded with a spectacular closing ceremony on February 25.
- The grand event ran through 17 days and saw 2,920 athletes competing from 92 nations.
- Tokyo will host the 2020 Summer Olympics, while Beijing will welcome the countries for the 2022 Winter Olympics.
- Norway won a record 39 medals overall to finish on top while Germany finish second with 31 medals.
- Sri Lankangovernment decided to release remaining 20 Indian fishermen in their custody for charges of poaching in Sri Lankan waters.
- This will be the first time in recent years that no Indian fishermen are left in Sri Lankan custody.
- Fishermen from India and Sri Lanka are frequently detained for illegally fishing in each other’s territorial waters since the Arabian Sea does not have a clearly defined marine border and the wooden boats lack the technology to avoid being drifting away.
· Cricket Canada Unveils ICC-Approved T20 League
- Canada’s own first franchise-based Twenty20 league “Global T20 Canada”, was announced in New Delhi.
- The Global T20 Canada League will begin functioning from July 2018 at three venues in Toronto.
- It is conceptualized, designed, developed and managed by Mercuri Group with Cricket Canada.
- Global T20 Canada League has received official sanction of the International Cricket Council (ICC).
- Cricket Canada become the first Associate member of the ICC to start a Twenty20 franchise league in the North America market.
- Andaman & Nicobar Command to Host Milan 2018
- The second week of March will witness Andaman & Nicobar Command hosting a multinational mega event MILAN 2018.
- MILAN is a congregation of littoral navies conducted biennially by Indian Navy at the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, under the aegis of the Andaman and Nicobar Command.
- Besides fostering co-operation through naval exercises and professional interactions, MILAN also provides an excellent opportunity to the participating navies to come together in a spirit of collaboration and mutual understanding to nurture stronger ties.
- Hyderabad hosted 15th edition of BioAsia 2018
- The 15th edition of BioAsia, the annual flagship programme of Government of Telangana was held from 22-24th February 2018 at Hyderabad International Convention Center (HICC) in Hyderabad.
- Theme of BioAsia 2018 was “RIGHT TIME, RIGHT NOW”.
- For this year’s event, Ireland, Netherlands and South Africa were international partners whereas the States of Gujarat, Assam and Rajasthan were the state partners.
- UIDAI introduces special blue coloured ‘Baal Aadhaar’
- Aadhaar is increasingly becoming mandatory to make use of most of the government schemes and other activities such as getting a new SIM card or opening a new bank account.
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has now introduced a blue coloured ‘Baal Aadhaar’ card for children below the age of 5 years.
- All children below the age of 5 don’t need to give biometric details for getting an Aadhaar card.
· Aruna Budda Reddy Becomes 1st Indian To Win Individual Medal At Gymnastics World Cup
- Aruna Budda Reddy created history by becoming the first Indian to win an individual medal at the Gymnastics World Cupin Melbourne, Australia.
- She clinched a Bronze medal in the Women’s Vault.
- Aruna, who hails from Hyderabad, scored 13.649 average points to finish third and claim the bronze medal at the Hisense Arena.
- Tjasa Kysslef of Slovenia took home the Gold, while Emily Whitehead of Australia won the Silver.
· Andaman & Nicobar Command to Host Milan 2018
- The second week of March will witness Andaman & NicobarCommand hosting a multinational mega event MILAN 2018.
- MILANis a congregation of littoral navies conducted biennially by Indian Navy at the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The theme of this year’s MILAN International Maritime Seminar is ‘In Pursuit of Maritime Good Order – Need for Comprehensive Information Sharing Apparatus’.
- With the underlying theme of ‘Friendship Across the Seas’, MILAN 2018 will witness a diverse mix of professional exercises and seminars, social events and sporting fixtures.
· DRDO Successfully Carries Out Test Flight Of Rustom-2 Drone
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)successfully flown it’s Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle RUSTOM 2 in Karnataka.
- The flight assumes significance as this is the first flight in user configuration with higher power engine.
- India at present depends on America and Israel for such predator drones. DRDO is developing within India a medium-altitude long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle RUSTOM 2.
- It has the capability to fly for 24 hours at a stretch at over 200 km/hr speed, and can, not only conduct sustained surveillance but will be able to destroy enemy targets.
· India’s 1st 5G Trial Successful, 3 GB/Sec Speed Achieved
- Chinese technology giant Huawei and telecom services provider Bharti Airtel announced to have successfully conducted 5G network trial under a test set-up in India.
- The trial was conducted at Airtel’s Network Experience Centre in Manesar (Gurugram).
- During the test trial, the speed of more than 3Gbps was achieved.
- This is the highest measured throughput for a mobile network in 3.5 GHz band with 100MHz bandwidth and end-to-end network latency of approximately 1 msec.
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes