- State gets first mobile lab to curb food adulteration
- The State entered into the elite club to own a mobile vehicle (van), allocated by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), well-equipped with laboratory devices facilitating on-the-spot testing of food samples at a nominal cost.
- Minister, Department of Health and Family Welfare, Ramchandra Chandravanshi in the presence of other dignitaries inaugurated the first State of the Art ‘Mobile Lab’ at RCH Campus, Namkum.
- To curb the rising adulteration level, two lab assistants will test food samples as per FSSAI guidelines. The mobile van will be functional for 20 days in a month and besides collecting food samples from hotels, confectionery shops, it will also test the chemical contents for milk and milk products, PH level of drinking water including high content of starch in sweets, confectionery items etc on public request instantly.
- The first ever Indo-French Knowledge Summit ends successfully
- The first ever Indo-French Knowledge Summit ended successfully with a landmark agreement on mutual recognition of educational qualifications between the two countries and a record 15 other MoUs between universities and research institutions on joint initiatives and partnerships.
- The two-day summit was held in New Delhi and coincided with the state visit of French President Emmanuel Macron to India.
- The summit was organized by the French Embassy in India and co-hosted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- PM Modi, French President inaugurate International Solar Alliance
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron inaugurated the first International Solar Alliance (ISA) Summit on Sunday at the Rashtrapati Bhavan Cultural Centre.
- Both Macron and PM Modi addressed the plenary session of the Summit.
- PM Modi said that of the 121 countries which the ISA aims to cover, 61 have joined the alliance and 32 have ratified framework agreement.
- Besides the heads of 23 nations, 10 ministerial representatives of different countries attended the Summit.
- Apart from being a founding-member, India plays a significant role in the alliance in terms of being a host as well as a major contributor to the achievement of the target. The ISA is the first international body that will have a secretariat in India. India, with a target to produce 100 GW of solar energy by 2022, would account for a tenth of ISA’s goal. “India will produce 175 GW electricity from renewable sources by 2022 and 100 GW will be from solar energy,” Mr. Modi said, addressing the ISA.
- India Won “Best Exhibitor Award” at ITB – Berlin
- India has won the “Best Exhibitor Award” at ITB – Berlin on its last day. ‘ITB- Berlin World Tourist Meet’ was convened at Berlin, Germany from 7th March to 10th March, 2018.
- India was represented by the Minister of State (Independent charge) for Tourism Mr K. J. Alphons along with couple of Tourism Ministry officials.
- More than 100 countries participated in the ITB- Berlin meet with their respective Tourism Ministers.
- India’s Incredible India (Ministry of Tourism) presented a short film named “Yogi of the Racetrack ” in the meet. The said short film has got 3.2 million hits in 60 hours.
- Amol Palekar receives ‘Godavari Gaurav’ award
- Noted actor Amol Palekar was honoured with the ‘Godavari Gaurav’ award at an event in Nashik.
- The 73-year-old actor, known for his performance in films like “Gol Maal” , “Choti Si Baat”, “Chitchor” among others, was presented with the award, which has been instituted by city-based ‘Kusumagraj Prathishthan’
- Classical singer Pandit Satyasheel Deshpande also received the ‘Godavari Gaurav’ award.
· Worlds Best Airport: Delhi And Mumbai Airports Tie At No. 1
- Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) and Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport have beaten 1,952 other airports from 176 countries to tie at number one for world’s best airports, as per Airports Council International (ACI) ASQ 2017 rankings.
- The Airport Service Quality Awards 2017 was announced by the Airports Council International (ACI), which conferred the ranking on the basis of a worldwide programme in which passengers were surveyed across airports for their feedback on 34 key performance indicators.
- NCRB releases “Citizen Services” Mobile APP
- National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) celebrated its 33rd Inception Day, on March 11, 2018 in their newly constructed Complex at Mahipalpur, New Delhi and released “Citizen Services” Mobile APP.
- This single App is a bouquet of various essential police related services to the citizen.
- The App can be used by citizen for various services such as Complaint Registration & Status Check, View FIR Detail, SOS – Stay Safe, Locate Police Stations, Vahan-Samanvay, Emergency Contact List, Police Stations Telephone Directory etc.
- Sanitary pad dispenser installed in Rajdhani Express
- On the occasion of International Women’s Day, for the first time in the country a sanitary pad dispensing machine was installed in a coach of Mumbai-New Delhi Rajdhani Express.
- It has been installed on a trial basis and the move would be extended to other trains as well.
- The decision has been well received by the women passengers too.
· I- Metros -An Association Of All Indian Metro Rail Companies Launched By Cabinet Secretary
- The Union Housing Ministry launched ‘I-Metros’, an association of all-India metro rail companies, which will act as a forum of exchange of ideas and innovations.
- The association was launched by Cabinet Secretary P.K. Sinha at an event “Indian Metros: Collaborating for Excellence”in the presence of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Managing Director Mangu Singh in New Delhi.
· Union Government makes passport mandatory for bank loans of Rs. 50 crore and above
- The government has made providing passport details mandatory for taking loans of 50 crore rupees and above to ensure a swift action in case of fraud and prevent fraudsters from fleeing the country.
- Financial Services Secretary, Rajiv Kumar in a tweet for all existing loans of over 50 crore rupees, banks have been asked to collect passport details of borrowers within 45 days.
- The Passport details will help banks to take timely action and inform the relevant authorities to prevent fraudsters from fleeing the country.
- Last week, the Cabinet has approved the Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill to impound and sell assets of escapees with a view to quickly recover dues.
- The proposed law will also apply to defaulters who have an outstanding of Rs 100 crore or more and have escaped from the country.
- Several big defaulters like Nirav Modi, Mehul Choksi, Vijay Mallya and Jatin Mehta have fled the country putting the recovery mechanism in quandary.
· Karnataka To Become 2nd State In Country To Unveil Its Own Flag
- The Karnataka government unveiled the State flag (nada dhwaja ) for the state.
- If approved by the Centre, Karnataka will be the second State to have a flag after Jammu and Kashmir.
- The yellow-white-red flag has the State emblem at the center. The proposal will be now sent to the Union Home Ministry for approval since a State has no powers to announce its own flag.
· GST Council Approves Rollout Of E-Way Bill From April
- For intra-State movement, the e-way bill will be rolled out in a phased manner beginning April 15 and will cover all the States by June 1.
- Businesses will continue to file summary sales return GSTR-3Buntil June as the GST (Goods and Services Tax) Council has extended the present system of return-filing by three months.
- Electronic way or e-way bill for movement of goods between States would be implemented from April 1.
- However, for intra-State movement, the e-way bill would be rolled out in a phased manner beginning April 15 and would cover all the States by June 1.
· Rajasthan Passes Bill To Award Death Penalty For Those Who Rape Girls Under 12 Years Of Age
- Rajasthan assembly passed an amendment bill awarding death penalty for convicts involved in the rape of girls below 12 years of age.
- State Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria introduced ‘The Criminal Laws (Rajasthan Amendment) Bill, 2018’ in the assembly, which was passed in the House by a voice vote following a debate.
- The new amendment added sections 376-AA and 376-DD to the Indian Penal Code, 1860.
- The amendment says that a person who is convicted of raping/gang-raping a girl up to twelve years of age will be given a death sentence or rigorous imprisonment, which shall not be less than fourteen years and 20 years, respectively.
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2018- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes