- CM announces walkie talkie, bicycles for sanitation workers
- Chief Minister Raghubar Das in a direct communication with the sanitation workers in Capital City assured both social as well as financial support to the ‘Swacchta Champions’. From linking sanitation workers to Labour Welfare Board to providing them skill based training to increasing their monthly wage.
- Every sanitation worker will get a bicycle. Also, the State government will soon launch Mukhya Mantri Annapurna Yojana for lower income group people. Under the scheme, labourers will get quality food at Rs. 10. Soon, Food Caravans will be also started to serve food to the labourers, discharging their duty at different locations.
- Exercise Aviaindra-18 Commences at Lipetsk (Russia)
- Exercise Aviaindra is an Air Force level exercise between India and the Russian First Aviaindra was conducted in 2014 and has been planned as a bi-annual exercise.
- Exercise Aviaindra 18 is being conducted at Lipetsk, Russia from 17 Sep to 28 Sep 18 and will be conducted in Jodhpur, India from 10 Dec to 22 Dec 18.
- The Indian contingent for Ex Aviaindra departed for Russia on 15 Sep 18
· India becomes first country in the world to develop Cooling Action Plan
- During World Ozone Day celebrations on September 17, Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan released a draft India Cooling Action Plan(ICAP) which lists out actions which can help reduce the cooling demand, thus helping in reducing emissions.
- The minister also release a booklet on ‘Montreal Protocol – India’s Success Story’.
- ‘Keep Cool and Carry on’ : The Montreal Protocol is the theme of 24th World Ozone Day celebrations.
· Dip in child mortality rate
- On average, 39 children out of 1,000 worldwide did not live beyond the age of five in 2017.
- According to the The UN’s Levels and Trends in Child Mortality Report 2018, India’s under-five mortality (U5M) is the same as the world’s average, which has decreased over time.
- China has shown the sharpest decline in U5M and Sri Lanka’s is the lowest in South Asia.
- Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna Rolled Out
- Considering the change in employment pattern and the current scenario of employment in India which has transformed from a long term employment to fixed short term engagement in the form of contract and temping, the ESI Corporation has approved a Scheme named “ATAL BIMIT VYAKTI KALYAN YOJNA” for Insured Persons (IP) covered under the Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948.
- This scheme is a relief payable in cash directly to their Bank Account in case of unemployment and while they search for new engagement.
- Union Home Secretary launches ‘e-Sahaj’ portal for grant of Security Clearance
- The Union Home Secretary Shri Rajiv Gauba launched an online ‘e-Sahaj’ portal for grant of Security Clearance.
- The portal will facilitate an applicant to submit application online and also to view the status of his application from time to time.
- With the introduction of online portal, the process has become standardized, resulting in a process which will be faster, transparent and easy to monitor.
- Various functionaries can access the application and documents online and take timely decisions.
· Cabinet cleared an ordinance that made talaq e biddat a criminal offence
- The Union Cabinetcleared an ordinance that makes talaq-e-biddat or instant triple talaq a criminal offenc The accused will be sentenced for a maximum term of three years in jail. President Ram Nath Kovind gave his assent for the cleared ordinance.
- The new law incorporates safeguards, including a provision for bail to an accused before the start of the trial. Instant triple talaq remains a non-bailableoffence and should approach a magistrate for bail even before trial.
· Chennai airport to get facial recognition system
- Airports Authority of India(AAI) said that Chennai Airport will be soon getting facial recognition technology under the ‘DigiYatra’ scheme which will soon be implemented by the Ministry of Civil Aviation. This technology will capture the image of a passenger and scan the ticket so that there is no need for the passengers to wait in queues at the entrance.
- Also if someone who travels with a fake ticket or with the boarding card of another the system will find out immediately and won’t allow the passenger. It also ensuresbetter security for the airport.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes