- State’s first women’s university to come up at Jamshedpur
ð State’s first women university will come at Sidhgora in the eastern part of Jamshedpur.
ð As per information, around 18 acres of vacant government land exists in Bagunhatu area, close to Surya Mandir in Sidhgora which will be used to develop the university.
ð The Chief Minister also announced the setting up of advance market complexes at the abandoned bus depot of erstwhile Bihar State Road Transport Corporation (BSRTC) in Agrico and the Baridih bus depot.
- India’s nominee Dalveer Bhandari re-elected to ICJ
- India’s nominee to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) Dalveer Bhandari was re-elected to the fifth and the last seat of the world court after Britain withdrew its candidate from the election.
- Bhandari received 183-193 votes in the General Assembly and secured all the 15 votes in the Security Council after separate and simultaneous elections were held at the UN headquarters in New York.
· Donald Trump and Putin Agree to Support UN in Syrian Peace Process
- USA President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin have agreed to support the U.N. effort to “peacefully resolve”the nearly seven-year-long Syrian civil war.
- They also discussed ways to implement a lasting peace in Ukraine,” where pro-Russian separatists have been fighting troops loyal to Kyiv and how to keep international pressure on North Korea to end its nuclear weapon and missile development programs.
- Modi govt 3rd most trusted in the world
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has ranked third in World Economic Forum’s list of most trusted governments.
- The report reveals that almost three quarters (74 percent) of Indians say they have confidence in their national government.
- The list is topped by Switzerland, followed by Indonesia, while India grabs the third spot.
- India Signs Loan Agreement with World Bank for USD 100 Million
- A Guarantee Agreement for IBRD/CTF loan of USD 98 million and Grant Agreement for USD 2 million for the “Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks Project” was signed with the World Bank.
- The project consists of two components viz. (i) Shared Infrastructure for Solar Parks (estimated total project cost of USD 100 million, including USD 75 million in IBRD loan and USD 23 million in CTF Loan) and (ii) Technical Assistance (USD 2 million in CTF Grant).
- The objective of the project is to increase solar generation capacity through establishment of large-scale parks in the country.
- International Film Festival of India (IFFI) inaugurated in Goa
- The 48th edition of International Film Festival of India (IFFI 2017) was inaugurated by Shah Rukh Khan on 20 November at the Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee stadium in Bambolim, Goa.
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan will be honoured with the Indian Film Personality of the Year Award at the event, while Canadian director Atom Egoyan will receive Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Smriti Irani and Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar among others, were present at the event.
- The International Film Festival of India (IFFI), founded in 1952, is one of the most significant film festivals in Asia.
- Women’s Youth World Boxing Ch’ship begins in Guwahati
- Women’s Youth World Boxing Championship begins in Guwahati on 20 November.
- In AIBA women youth boxing championship being held in Guwahati , Indian pugilists will start their campaign on 21 November.
- Three young boxers will lock horn in the preliminaries.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbanand Sonowal has inaugurated the event in presence of office bearers from AIBA and Boxing Federation of
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes