- Government to bring ordinance for sc protection, reservation
- LJP leader and Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan has said that following the final order of the Supreme Court where the matter is pending at present for a review, the Government would go for Ordinance to protect the SC/ST Act. “Government has nothing to do with the Supreme Court decision. We have gone into review and waiting for that after vacation. If the decision does not come in favour, the Government would bring an Ordinance. Similarly an Ordinance would be brought for ensuring reservation in promotion for SCs and STs,
- India Signs Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) in Nursing with Singapore
- India has signed the Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) in Nursing with Singapore. This is the first MRA being signed by India with any of our FTA partners.
- In a major gain for India, Singapore agreed to expand coverage of Indian nursing institutions by recognising seven nursing institutions in the MRA.
- This has paved way for our healthcare service providers to institutionally access markets abroad.
- It will further open up doors for India to enter into similar mutual recognition arrangements with other countries.
- India and Singapore concluded the 2ndReview of India Singapore CECA which was officially announced by both sides today during Prime Minister, Narendra Modi’s State visit to Singapore.
- Committee constituted under to celebrate 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
- The Government of India has decided to commemorate 150thBirth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- A National Committee (NC) under the Chairmanship of the President of India has been constituted for this purpose and the first meeting of the National Committee was held on 2ndMay 2018 in New Delhi.
- As decided in the meeting, an Executive Committee (EC) under the Chairpersonship of Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has been constituted comprising of Senior Ministers in the Cabinet, Leader of opposition (Rajya Sabha), Renowned Gandhians, Social Activists and noted public figures.
· Ganga Survey By Geographic information system (GIS)
ð In 15 months time, Survey of India, the country’s principal mapping agency, will map the entire stretch of the Ganga using geographic information system (GIS) technology and provide high-resolution maps to the government.
ð It will help river cleaning authorities in getting minute details of sewage and effluent discharge outlets and identify pollution hot-spots up to 10 km on both sides of the river.
ð Since the project will map sewage outlets and other discharges from all units (industrial, commercial and others) from the source to the public drainage network, it will help in monitoring of polluting sources and quicken the process of taking appropriate action.
· HRD Ministry notifies 75 National Resource Centres
ð The Ministry of Human Resource Development has launched a major and unique initiative of online professional development of 1.5 million higher education faculty using the MOOCs (Massive online open course) platform SWAYAM.
ð In the first phase, 75 discipline-specific National Resource Centres have been identified which are tasked to prepare online training material with focus on latest developments in the discipline, new & emerging trends, pedagogical improvements and methodologies for transacting revised curriculum.
ð Under this initiative, all in-service teachers, irrespective of their subject and seniority will have an enabling opportunity to keep abreast of the latest developments in their disciplines through the technology based online refresher course.
ð HRD Ministry Launches Initiatives for Online Professional Development Using SWAYAM
ð Human Resource Development Ministry launched a major and unique initiative of online professional development of 1.5 million higher education faculty using the Massive Open Online Courses platform SWAYAM.
ð In the first phase, 75 discipline-specific National Resource Centres (NRCs) have been identified.
ð National Resource Centres are tasked to prepare online training material with focus on new and emerging trends, pedagogical improvements and methodologies for transacting revised curriculum.JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes