- Witch hunting death cases lowest in five years in State
- In 2018, a total of 26 cases of witch hunting deaths were reported in the State, which is the lowest in last five years. The monthly crime records on Jharkhand police website shows that in 2018, there has been over 35 per cent reduction in the cases of witch hunting deaths reported in Jharkhand as compared to 41 cases in 2017.
- The data of National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) shows that in 2014, the number of witch hunting death cases was 47, which reduced to 32 in 2015 and 27 in 2016.
- The NCRB data further shows that Jharkhand has been at the top in country for four consecutive years, 2013 to 2016 when it comes to witch hunting deaths. Also after its formation in November 2000, the State has always been among the top three states to report the highest cases of witch hunting deaths, since year 2001.
- India, Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTX)- 2019
- Indian Africa Field Training Exercise (IAFTX)-2019 is scheduled to be conducted at Aundh Military Station and College of Military Engineering, Pune from 18 March to 27 March 2019.
- The joint training exercise is being conducted with more than a dozen African countries & India.
- The IAFTX-2019 is a positive step towards growing political and military ties with the member nations of African continent and will boost the already strong strategic cooperation between the countries.
- JNPT becomes the only Indian port to be listed amongst the world’s top 30 container ports
- The Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT), India’s premiere container port got listed amongst the top 30 container ports globally.
- JNPT notched up five spots, to be 28th on the list, compared to its previous ranking.
- JNPT is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- It is the largest container port in India.
Gk bit – Ports in India
- Port of Kandlais one of the highest earning ports of India, another port in Gujarat is Mundra Port,India’s largest private port.
- India has 12 major ports, 200 notified minor and intermediate ports. The total 200 non-major ports are in the following States:- Maharashtra (48); Gujarat (42); Tamil Nadu (15); Karnataka (10); Kerala (17); Andhra Pradesh (12); Odisha (13); Goa (5); West Bengal (1); Daman and Diu (2); Lakshadweep (10); Pondicherry (2); and Andaman & Nicobar (23).
- Government of India (GoI) plans to modernise these ports and has approved a project called Sagarmala.
- Indian government has a federal structure, and according to its constitution, maritime transport is to be administered by both the Central and the State governments. While the central government’s shipping ministry administers the major ports, the minor and intermediate ports are administered by the relevant departments or ministries in the nine coastal states Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- There are total 13 major sea ports of India,out of 12 are government and one, Ennore port of Chennai is the corporate one. Ennore Port is one of the major port of India located at Coromandel Coast of Tamil Nadu state along with Kakinada Port and private Krishnapatnam Port and Mundra Port.
The 12 Major ports are-
Kandla Port- Gujarat
Nhava Sheva- Maharashtra
Mumbai Port – Selcted for Cruise Tourism in India
Marmagao Port- Goa
Panambur Port- Karnataka
Cochin Port- Kerala
Port Blair- Andaman
Tuticorin Port- Tamil Nadu
Vizag Port- Andhra Pradesh
Paradip Port- Orissa
Haldia Port- West Bengal
· Arunachal govt declares Pakke Hornbill Fest as ‘state festival’
- Government of Arunachal Pradesh declared the Pakke Paga Hornbill Festival (PPHF), as a “state festival”.
- The first-ever PPHF was held on January 16–18, 2015.
- It is the only conservation festival of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The festival is organized to recognise the role played by the resident Nyishi tribe in conserving hornbills in the Pakke Tiger Reserve (PTR),
· Second World Integrated Medicine Forum 2019 Inaugurated in Goa
ð Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH, inaugurated 2nd World Integrated Medicine Forum 2019 in Goa.
ð International drug regulators who are dealing with homeopathic or traditional medicines from various countries participated in the forum.
ð It is organized by the Central Council for Research in Homeopathy under the Ministry of AYUSH along with World Integrated Medicine Forum.
ð The theme for the forum is ‘ Regulation of Homeopathic Medical Products; Advancing global collaboration’.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes