- Jharkhand government will market state’s minor forest produce: CM Raghubar Das
- Chief minister Raghubar Das pledged to offer a helping hand to Jharkhand’s minor forest producers by selling a bulk of their yearly produce through the newly constituted Mukhayamantri Udyami Board.
- The Board will market the products of the state’s minor forest producers. Products such as honey, lac and tussar will be purchased directly from the farmers. There will be no middlemen. Through the board, we will market the products across the country and overseas,” the CM said.
- Das announced that his government will offer Rs 4 lakh to the tribal farmers who take up poultry in months to follow.
- World Meteorlogical Day: 23 March
- Recognized annually on March 23, World Meteorological Day commemorates the establishment of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) on this date in 1950.
- The day showcases the essential contribution of National Meteorological and Hydrological Services to the safety and well-being of society.
- The theme of World Meteorlogical Day in 2018 is “Weather-ready, climate-smart”.
- International TB Day: 24 March
- World Tuberculosis Day, observed on 24 March each year, is designed to build public awareness about the global epidemic of tuberculosis (TB) and efforts to eliminate the disease.
- In 2012, 8.6 million people fell ill with TB, and 1.3 million died from the disease, mostly in the Third World.
- World TB Day is one of eight official global public health campaigns marked by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The theme for the year `2018 is ‘Wanted: Leaders for a TB-free world’.
- ‘First Indian Sign Language Dictionary of 3000 Words’ Launched
- “First Indian Sign Language Dictionary of 3000 words” was launched by Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot, Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment.
- The dictionary has been developed by Indian Sign Language Research & Training Centre (ISLR&TC) under Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), M/o Social Justice & Empowerment.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi Launches Campaign to Eradicate TB By 2025
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a campaign to eradicate tuberculosis (TB) from India by 2025, five years ahead of the globally-set deadline.
- After inaugurating the Delhi End-TB Summit Modi launched the TB-free India Campaign to take the activities under the National Strategic Plan for TB Elimination forward in a mission mode for ending the epidemic by 2025.
- A target has been set to end TB globally by 2030. Mr. Modi stated that India has targeted to eliminate Tuberculosis by 2025.
· Worlds Longest Sandstone Cave Discovered In Meghalaya
- The North-eastern state Meghalaya of India, is home to the longest sandstone cave in the world at 24,583m, with dinosaur fossils from 66-76 million years ago.
- The sandstone cave named Krem Puri, near the village of Laitsohum in the Mawsynram, was first discovered in 2016, but during the recent 25-day expedition by the Meghalaya Adventurers’ Association (MAA), the actual length of the cave was uncovered. It is 6,000m longer than the currently listed sandstone cave in the world, Cueva El Samán, (18,200m) in Venezuela.
- Andhra Govt launches Naipunya Ratham
- The Andhra Pradesh Government launched, NAIPUNYA RATHAM, a multi-utility vehicle which aims to bring technology to the remote corners.
- Chief Minister N.Chandrababu Naidu announced that the Government will roll out 12 more Naipunya Rathams by May this year.
- Naipunya Rathaams will facilitate and look to improve digital literacy, digital skills and create an awareness on various government schemes.
- Navy warship INS Ganga decommissioned in Mumbai
- INS Ganga, an indigenously built frigate of the Indian Navy, was decommissioned in Mumbai after over three decades of service.
- Commissioned on December 30, 1985, the ship represented a big step forward in the nation’s warship building capability.
- The ceremony was attended by several officers and men, many now retired, who had served on board the ship.
- Ambedkar Jayanti to be celebrated as ‘Social Justice Day’
- The birth anniversary of India’s Dalit social reformer Dr BR Ambedkar will be celebrated as ‘Social Justice Day’.
- Born into a poor Dalit family, on 14 April 1891, Ambedkar became independent India’s first law minister, the principal architect of the Constitution of India.
- Ambedkar was awarded the Bharat Ratna posthumously in 1990.
- Sindhu to be India’s flagbearer in Gold Coast CWG
- Star shuttler P V Sindhu has been named the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast next month.
- The opening ceremony will be held on April 4.
- Having won a silver medal at the Rio Olympics two years ago, the Hyderabad-based World No. Sindhu is one of the favourites to win the badminton women’s singles title in Gold Coast.
- In the last Commonwealth Games in Glasgow in 2014, Sindhu bagged a bronze in women’s singles.
· Andhra Pradesh Government Launches Multi-Utility Vehicle ‘Naipunya Ratham’
- Andhra PradeshChief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu launched the Naipunya Ratham, a multi-utility vehicle.
- Also known as ‘World on Wheels (WoW)’,Naipunya Ratham is aimed at taking technology and innovation to the remote corners of the State.
- As part of the ‘Smart Village Smart Ward Programme’ of the state, the Naipunya Rathams will facilitate and look to improve digital literacy and digital skills.
- The State Government has allotted Rs 300 crore for the project.
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes