- Skill development training centers at polytechnic colleges soon
- Elaborating the concept of Skill Development covering more numbers of youths, soon the Department of Higher, Technical and Skill Development will start Skill Development Training Centers under Prime Minister Kaushal Vikash Yojana (PMKVY) at 13 polytechnic college premises. According to the officials, before initiating courses at Polytechnic Colleges, the department is gearing up to present a policy exploring the potentials under this specific initiative.
- Aiming for holistic community development ensuring larger perspective while benefitting aspirants of the nearby neighborhood, the programme confines the involvement of students admitted in different polytechnic streams. “The course will serve the need of only those students who resides near polytechnic campus premises. The curriculum focuses on developing the outlook of young aspirants who desires to gain specialization in a specific trait,” an officer stated.
- At present, the Department of Higher, Technical Education and Skill Development personnel is contemplating on suitable policy for starting skill development courses on polytechnic campuses premises. Suggestions from stakeholders, primarily from polytechnic college principals have been invited to start State-of-the-Art Skill Development Centers on their respective college campuses.
- The selection of polytechnic campuses has been done keeping the approach of combining different engineering streams with Skill Development traits. However, officials have clarified that the department is still to recognize a few trades that could be amalgamated with engineering subjects well.
- Also, focus will be given more on such traits which will aid the students in getting a minimum salary of Rs. 15,000 per month. The main objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable youths to take up industry-integrated skill training for a better livelihood.
- World Wild Life Day: 3 March
- World Wild Life Day was celebrated all over the world on March 3 to create awareness about the world’s wild animals and plants and safeguard them.
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) announced 3 March, as UN World Wildlife Day, to mark the date on which the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) was signed.
- The theme for World Wildlife Day 2018 is: “Big cats: predators under threat”.
- Hindu woman elected to Pakistan’s senate in historic first
- Kirshna Kumari Kolhi from Pakistan’s Sindh province has become the first-ever Hindu Dalit woman Senator in pakistan.
- Kolhi, 39, from Thar is a member of Bilawal Bhutto Zardari-led Pakistan People s Party (PPP).
- She was elected on a minority seat from Sindh.
- Kolhi belongs to a remote village in Nagarparkar district of Thar in Sindh province.
- National Safety Day: 4 March
- National Safety Day is a Day which is used to make every people get safe from many issues such as Financial Loss, Health problems and also any types of problems in the life of the citizens.
- It is used to celebrate to become more secure from the activities which reflect and change the situation of the people in many ways evil as well as good ways.
- It is celebrated on the 4th March every year in India by the National Safety Council of India.
- Conrad Sangma Will be the Next CM of Meghalaya
- In Meghalaya, NPP chief Conrad K Sangma met Governor Ganga Prasad and submitted the letter of support from other parties.
- The swearing-in of Conard as the chief minister will take place on March 5.
- In Tripura, the government formation process is expected to be completed by March 10.
· ‘Arunachal Express’ inaugurated making travelling convenient and viable for commuters
- Arunachal Pradesh, State Minister of Railways, Rajen Gohain and Minister of Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju inaugurated the Arunachal Express which is ought to be a weekly express. Arunachal Express, a fully air-conditioned new weekly train service will run between Naharlagun and New Delhi.
- The new service will complement an existing weekly train service between the two places. It will also be the 14th direct train connecting Northeast with the national capital.
- The Arunachal Express will have state-of-the-art coaches which are measured to be modern and safe.
- The train will cover the 2,013 km distance between Naharlagun and Anand Vihar Terminal in little over 38 hours and will have 14 stoppages. The train will be completely air-conditioned and will have first class, two-tier and three-tier coaches along with a pantry car.
- Odisha state launches KHUSHI Scheme To Provide Free Sanitary Pads
- The Odisha government launched KHUSHIscheme to provide free sanitary napkins to school girls across the state.
- The scheme will be implemented by the health and family welfare department of the state at a cost of 70 crores per year.
- Under the scheme, the state will provide free sanitary napkins to 17 lakh girls studying in Classes 6 to 12 in government and government-aided schools.
- The announcement was made by the CM of Odisha Naveen Patnaik.
· Isro gears up to launch 2 satellites before Chandrayaan-2 mission
- Amid intense preparations for its most challenging Chandrayaan-2 mission, Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) is gearing up to launch two other satellites before the lunar mission in April.
- Gsat-6A, similar to Gsat-6, is a high-powered S-band communication satellite weighing 2,140 kg. It will provide a platform for developing technologies that would be useful in future satellite-based mobile communication applications.
- IRNSS-1I, on the other hand, is a navigation satellite that is meant to replace the faulty first navsat IRNSS-1A, part of the Indian navigation system or NavIC or desi GPS. The three atomic clocks of the IRNSS-1A that were meant to provide precise locational data had stopped working two years ago.
· India beat Pakistan to win Snooker Team World Cup
- India won the inaugural IBSF Snooker Team World Cup title.
- The Indian combine of Pankaj Advani and Manan Chandra defeated Pakistan in the best-of-five final played in Doha.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes